THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Kansas whitetail results (pics) [big game]

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kansas whitetail results (pics) [big game]
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I shot this whitetail at 60 yards with my 30.06. Same load for the Missouri deer and the Wyoming mulie. 168 Triple Shock over 55.0 H4350, Win brass, Fed210M. He dropped at the shot. Quartering away. The entrance hole caught the corner of the bone, thus it was pretty big. The exit hole was about like a quarter. The onside lung was cut in two. The offside lung had a hole almost the size of a tennis ball. I would have taken pictures of the guts but it was raining. I got lucky and had a small break in the rain and snapped a few pics in the back of the truck. I'll post pics of the caped deer when I get home to show the holes. The taxidermist was suspicous that I had the holes reversed because the blood shot meat/entrance hole was bigger. He said 2 or 3 times, "you sure you didn't shoot him in the neck?"

I was thinking of getting defensive because I felt like I was being accused of lying about how the deer was killed. I told him that I know how the kill occurred, I was there afterall.

I had to cut my trip short and I got this guy on the last night.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

Well done!

That's a really great buck....and it's good to hear a positive report on the TSX.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Congrats
Where in Kansas did you get that nice buck?

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Doc.

Tell us about the rifle.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote