THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    More wild turkey for dinner and bears in the grease.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More wild turkey for dinner and bears in the grease.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
One thing about shutting my business down is that I have been able to spend some quality time with my boys.
Yesterday morning my lab was growling. I walk outside and a bear was in the yard fifteen feet from the lodge eating the grease out of the pan from fish I fried the night before. Took a nap around 2 on the hammock in yard. Woke up to a gobbler strutting and drumming not even twenty yards away. Ended the day on the porch with a good scotch and watched hundreds of blue wings, wood ducks and geese fly to roost that sits out front. When the ducks and geese hit the water, the Toms that were roosting over top started gobbling. My oldest cooked dinner while I enjoyed the fire then went to bed. Good day!

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fry’em up and smother’em in gravy made off the cast iron skillet they were fried in.

Posts: 11387 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looks like a very fun time.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Sounds perfect!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t get better than that.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1219 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great property, cool cabin, and plenty of game. Hope to make it down next spring.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's a great way to spend a few spring days!

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Clark, your older boy sure has shot up since I was there a few years ago. That cabin is pretty unique: wild critters within walking distance of the front porch. Hope to make it back some day to hunt deer.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
He does not need me anymore. He went out by himself and got this one.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote