Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 American
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all

Gotta say that I have only heard of a CZ 550 since I have been looking at these forums. I went to their web site today and looked at what they have. Geez, the American is a great looking rifle. At least the photo they have is really nice.

How is the quality of the guns?

Thanks

Jim

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jim,

For there price its very good. In the UK they have a reputation of being accurate, reliable rifles and are prefered by many to the various REMCHESTER equivilents. The CZ is also used as a foundation for many custom rifles much as the Mod 70 is in the US. The one major complaint used to be the very European stocks, hence the American model. I really wish they offered this in .375H &H ....

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a 550 American in 9.3x62 Mauser a few days ago. Already I want another one. It is a classic heavy-duty rifle built in the old-school way. As far as I can tell, they got all the details right. Metal work is excellent for a factory rifle, and the wood looks like it came from the Remchester custom shop. The trigger is gritty but that may change in time. My only real complaint: it needs a RED recoil pad.

I will shoot it this weekend and render a full report not later than Monday. Okie John