Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Preference Points
 Login/Join

posted
I have a question about Wyoming's pref. points.
Unable to take a trip this year but is there a number of years that you maintain your points if you don't buy a new point or apply for a drawing.
I thought you lost your accumulated points if there is no activity for a certain length of time.
Maybe I'm wrong as I couldn't find anything in the regs. Can any one help? I'll buy a pref. point this month just to keep my points that I have already built up if I have to. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that's correct. I seem to remember the period of time is three years.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply - I just wasn't sure of the time period and I couldn't find it on their website

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just call the Wyoming Game and Fish Office and get the answer straight from them? They will probably mail you a hard copy of the info if you ask. Just a thought.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm siting laughing at myself. I thought of the same thing about an hour ago and called.
You can skip one year but if you don't buy a point or enter a license drawing in back to back years you loose all accumulated points.
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Yep, if you don't play you lose everything. Utah is 3 years.

I had forgot about Arizona and now I am back down to zero for them. Not sure I'll play again. Only lost 2 points, but at my age it might as well have been 100.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When I called Wyoming they said that they do send out a warning letter about loosing your points if you are coming up to a second year of not getting a point- which I thought was good of them