Where, When and How Big?
 Login/Join

posted
 -

[ 12-19-2002, 07:28: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Katherine in the N.T. 1895. Absolutely no logical reason.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy crap that's one big iguana!

My old college roommate had one that once escaped. I caught it, but only after accidentally pulling its tail off. Tad's iguana wasn't near as big as this one, but I could swear that's Tad standing in the picture.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Dont know but I like it!!

Posts: 10145 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree, Australia, 1930's, 21-footer.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good guesses, guys. Austrailia's N.T. and the crock was 14' 6", although he certainly does look bigger. Not sure of the year. Forgot to make note.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that is 14-6 just picture one over 20 feet. [Eek!]

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
If that is 14-6 just picture one over 20 feet. [Eek!]

Mickey1,
I wish I could find more pictures of 20 footers!
I'm always searching around for them and emailing zoo's and reptile exhibits that profess to have 20'+ crocks but they never seem to respond. I know there must be some Aussies with personal snapshots of monster crocks but I can't figure a way to connect with them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with one of the posters from Darwin. There is supposed to be one in the Croc Zoo South of town.

Also 'Sweetheart' was 5.1 meters and 780 kg.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just heard that a croc in Kakadu just ate some German Bratwurst. Don't go near the water.