THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Fair chase exotics (blackbuck) in Texas?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fair chase exotics (blackbuck) in Texas?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello guys,

I've been looking for a place that does fair chase hunting for exotics in Texas, in particular blackbuck. Any recomendations? I'm not totally against high fences, but it must be fair chase, would prefer if I can spot and stalk them.

Thanks!

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, blackbucks can be held by "low fences" such as an ordinary sheep/goat fence built with woven wire. They're not jumpers. Lots of places will offer blackbuck hunts, but you do need to look for one that has significant acreage where the animals are not semi-tame. There are some on the place next to mine and I see them almost every day as I commute to work, simply standing by the pavement chewing on grass without a single concern for the passing cars and people. On ranches where they are truly wild, they are pretty sporting to hunt. The same ranches may also offer Axis, Fallow, Sika, and others.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,

Thanks for the information. Are there any ranches you would recomend?

Machiavelli

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Chasseur:

I know that the 4 K ranch has an area that is high fence, but is approximatley 1500 acres (+/-) that has black buck.

The DRSS hunts there and the Wildlife manager, Brad Woodard, is a hell of a nice guy.

Here is the link:

http://4klandandcattle.com/hunting.html

The exotics are usually hunted from blinds, but a call to Brad wouldn't hurt. I *THINK* he might accomodate you.

Tell him that you are a friend of mine (Paul Hawk with the DRSS) and see what kind of accomodations he can arrange.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul!

Are you guys doing another DRSS shoot anytime soon? I'd love to drool over that Francotte Cool

Machiavelli