THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Just returned from hunting with a fellow AR member. Pics and video link posted

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just returned from hunting with a fellow AR member. Pics and video link posted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cold
posted
I dont usually post, I do way more reading on here (and it is great reading at that) then anything else, but I felt that after such a wonderful opening Texas Deer weekend with an AR member, he deserved a short write up.

I went out with AR member "Hossfly" to his hunting spot just outside of Brownwood, Texas for opening weekend last weekend. I just got back from some training in NYC and just now have time to give a short thank you, and furthermore would encourage others who have considered hunting with Ryan (hossfly) campbell to not hesitate to do so.

His accomodations were more then comfy and the food was delicious. The best part, of course, was the deer. I saw more then I expected to on his 2000 plus a/c place and we had a blast. His blinds were outstanding. I should have taken some more photographs of the layout as well as the ranch, but alas, I did not. What I did take was some pictures of the deer I took off his place as well as some video I shot. Here is a link to the website where I have the video hosted. Please note, you will need the quicktime plugin to view the video

Deer footage from the hossfly hunt

I took my Blaser R-93 in 300 WBY mag and it worked stellar to say the least, below are pics of the mainframe 8 point.

I want to thank Ryan "hossfly" Campbell for showing me a great time opening deer weekend and would encourage others to check him out the next time they want to go on a Texas whitetail hunt. His website is

Hossfly Hunts Website

I would be glad to also act as a source of questions and answers for anyone else considering going out in the field with Hossfly.

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
That's a ncie solid eight - glad to see you had a good hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. I wish the weather had been a little cooler but thats hunting. Cold's .300 WBY mag dropped that buck in his tracks, which I appreciate because I didn't have to track it anywhere.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote