New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess I have now seen it all
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Alright, I thought I better post something that I never thought I'd see.

I live in a small ranching community, and people are now moving cows. The routine is a few guys at the lead (many times in a truck) and a few at the back. Being as I live near the "drive", they are always coming past my house.

As I am sitting here on my laptop, my son yells at me and says their is drive coming down the road and a spike elk is right in middle of them, following them..... Did not believe him and told him to run out the back of my house and take a pic.

Yeah, it's true. I guess the elk are changing their migration.... ha ha

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
And the picture is? Confused

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm me your email and I’ll send the pic. I’m
not smart enough to post.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nuthin new.

for 3 years in a row during the Elk rut I would see a smaller bull show up in the pasture and round up all of the cows out there and run them around as his harem.
he finally got big enough and quit showing up.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Post a picture if you get the chance. Funny how elk sometimes think they are horses or cattle.

A few years ago a guy not far from my house had a dozen or so horses in his pasture. During the winter a bunch of elk cows also stay there. In the spring one of the cows decided not head back to the mountains with her friends. She was still there through most of the summer. I guess she liked hanging out with the horses better.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote