Find
Notify
Tools

NM RESULTS ARE OUT FINALLY!!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted
They are out on the website. Good luck to all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone else has better luck than I did -- didn't draw an outfitter antelope tag for August 23-25.

Can anyone suggest a plan B? Land owner tag? Leftover tag in some other state?

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say "finally," they weren't supposed to draw until the 14th. 'Nuf of that!

I went 50% this year:
No deer
No antelope (who woulda thunk it, snicker snicker) - the odds of getting an antelope tag in this state are like powerball
Yes elk
Yes javelina

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DesertRam:
[QB]I wouldn't say "finally," they weren't supposed to draw until the 14th. 'Nuf of that!

Actually this is an atypical year for draw results in which the announced draw was scheduled three weeks later than prior years. G&F blamed the delay upon administrative delays in processing the deer license applications. ANY WESTERN STATE THAT HAS THE DRAW SCHEDULED FOR LESS THAN 6 WEEKS FROM THE START OF A HUNT needs no defending upon a public forum. [Wink]

"Nuf of that?", I wouldn't have the time to describe the inadequacies of the New Mexico Game and Fish Department and Commission.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Badboyz, in no way was I trying to insinuate that the G&F was in any way adequate. Nor was I defending them, as I believe this particular organization embodies inefficiency. In fact, search by my member number and you'll find several instances of my railing against them. I was simply pointing out that they weren't actually promised (all else aside) until the 14th. The NM G&F is totally inept at pretty much everything they try to do. They are a money-grubbing bunch of politicos whose major (perhaps only) goal is to ensure that most hunters are perpetually pissed and that their coffers grow larger and larger. But what can you expect when the only qualification for appointment to the Game Commission is friendliness with the "ins" of state government. "Game Management" in this state is a far cry from what it could and should be. It's all about the bottom line, all else be damned.

On this we agree. My post was primarily tongue in cheek. "'Nuf of that" was meant only to indicate my desire not to talk about those bozos and get on with my whining [Big Grin] about not getting an antelope or deer tag!

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Desert Ram,

We are in TOTAL agreement. I shudder everytime I open the proclamation for the new licensing year to see "What is New This Year".

Congrats on drawing the elk and javelina. I drew a fourth choice cow hunt for Unit 15, struck out on the javelina and antelope. Looks like I will have to bit the bullet and purchase one of the last minute deals on a landowner permit.