New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt with Muck boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody hunting with Muck Boots? What model?

The local store has them 20% off and they are tempting.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
I have hunted a lot with them, they are very warm and if you walk a lot you will be wet, always. But you will never be cold on your feet unless you already are when you put them on, then you will be cold until you get them off.

Mine started smelling very badly after around 30 days of hunting (over two years) and they were very worn and had holes on the back at ankle height, so they are not very durable. I have heard others also have the smelly problem, you dont want a wellworn pair of these indoors or in your car if you dont have to.

I bought another pair, Tay sport this time, but I will not walk as much with these and the primary use will be icefishing, snowmobiling and general winter use were these boots are hard to beat.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Get whatever suits your area..

THEY ARE GREAT !!

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife lives in hers during the muddy half of the year, mostly for barn work, but also hunting. She got me a camo pair of Boggs, similar style. Good for sitting, not so good for walking. I get blisters and they have little ankle support. Muck brand may be better.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was worried about the Neoprene making them get "goaty" (smell like goat butt).

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a bunch of em. I love em. I am pretty particular about taking care of my footwear--don't wear em if they happen to be wet inside, which is rare with Muckboots cause they just don't leak. I spray some odor eater foot spray in there when I get home from the hunt, I've got a couple pairs that are at least 3 years old, and I have replaced the insoles in one or two pairs, but no smelly issues for mine....

In cold, I often wear the Woody Max which is good for pretty cool conditions with some good socks of course, but they make a really cold weather version that I think is called the Arctic Sport, should be really good for the cold. I also have a pair of the Woody Elite, and they seem about the same on warmth as the Woody Max to me, but they are maybe more 'scent concealing' designed....at any rate, I love the Muck Boot products, I have the camp shoes, a pair of the 'Hoser' classic mid heights which I wear a lot working around the house and camp, and a pair of the camp boots--which I wear when I have to run out to the truck or a quick jaunt into town or whatever, when leaving deer camp--I like em a lot!!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 pair. the "woody" and woody max. better insulated. I will wear the max usually if stand hunting. the regulars are great for walking or bow season.

Afriend of mine just switched to lacrosse's muck type boots they seem well made and were less money.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like them, but the Lacrosses don't fit my feet very well. I find them to be comfortable and easy to walk in but not extremely durable. Some models don't have a deep enough tread for hilly county.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I wore a new pair of Field Blazers this weekend. Very comfy walking and kept my feet plenty warm at 40deg with a pair of thin socks.

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote