Find
Notify
Tools

Guns & Ammo fired Metcalf
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Well after the stupid editorial of his that G&A published last month.

Story here:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...upports-gun-control/

The public outcry over it caused Guns & Ammo to fire Dick Metcalf.

G&A's statement here:
http://www.thebangswitch.com/g...-to-metcalf-article/

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Well Metcalf has gone to mush between the ears if he believes what he wrote, and his contribution if you want to call it that was never more than regurgitated opinion anyway.

I'm glad he's gone, and hope it isn't used negatively.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Metcalf never was too smart. Years ago he was shooting some deer using a handgun on a nuisance deer permit to eliminate some deer doing a lot of damage in some crops. Right on the permit is says you cannot use a handgun to shoot deer on a nuisance deer permit. Not only did he use a handgun to shoot them, he wrote about it in a magazine. I don't know if he got a ticket, but he should have. Dumbass.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buh bye....sell out!

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Never did care for him or his goofy opinions.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
That's all we need is some idiot writing in a gun rag that maybe a little regulation is a good thing. Now every gun grabber is going to have more ammo (pardon the reference) for their misguided agenda.
Used to read Metcalf in Shooting Times back in the 80's. He has evidently become senile.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have met him before...pompous ass on his best days.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
I do not buy Guns & Ammo these days, not living in the US. However, I did see the news about this and then I read his piece.

How long had Metcalf been in the staff there?

I can't believe that Bob Peterson would have allowed such foolishness or that anyone under him would have even dreamed of writing it. homer

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not recall his name, but the Editor is also moving on.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My thoughts.....

I said to my wife.....there is an editor on staff that allowed this

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Stupid for publishing it, but good for them correcting their mistake by dumping the author AND the editor who approved it. Good riddance!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good riddance. With friends like Metcalf, who needs enemies? Mad

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote