New
Find
Notify
Tools

First bear attack of the year?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A reminder to keep your defensive weapons handy.

A Utah teenager who was attacked by a bear south of Ennis while antler hunting on Sunday received only minor injuries, according to a Fish, Wildlife & Parks news release.

The 17-year-old male and his family were visiting their cabin in Wolf Creek, about 30 miles south of Ennis, on the east side of the Madison Valley.

According to the teen, he was walking down a hill around 2 p.m. looking for sheds when he heard a “thump” behind him. He turned around to see a bear charging at him. The teen was carrying bear spray, but was unable to deploy it because of the bear’s rapid approach.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought my bear tag for WYO last week. My weapons will be purely offensive.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Amazing how quiet bears can run. You get one on your six and you do not know it until it is too late.

Wonder if the situation would of been different if he would of had a dog with him. I do not let my little kids get too far away without one of our dogs. Situations like this always happen when you least expect them.

I had one destroy a turkey tent blind on Monday. Getting attacked in any kind of tent would be the worst.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had one destroy a turkey tent blind on Monday

I always leave my blinds wide open that way they can get in and out.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote