New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma, 6,5x55 and light bullets!
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
I just saw that Norma is planing to take their 139 grains vulcan out of production! Well then they offer three 156 grains bullets and the 140 grains Nosler!

I'm aware that the Sweds us it for Moose! But to be true 40% or so of the danish rifle hunters use the 6,5x55 and never shot anything else than roe deer!

Shouldn't there be a marked for a load with a lighter bullet? Or am I missing something?

Regards

Mads

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mads, yes there should be a market. In my opinion, the 120 to 129 grain bullets are almost perfect for deer sized animals from 75 to 350 pounds. They have always worked for me.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mads,

You are missing something! Norma has introduced the first factory 120gr Ballistic Tip load in 6.5x55. I had heard that it was so hated in Sweden (meat damage) that they may not sell it there. If it works well in my rifle I may sell my dies!

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Well 1894 you are absolutly right! But that load isn't sold in Scandinavia! Unfortunatly. I think it would be a good choiche for roe deer hunting.
Have you tried them?

If you are going to sell your dies please contact me [Big Grin] .

Regards

Mads

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mads,

I've not tried the factory load but I used to use the 120gr ballistic tip for everything and loved it. Now I use the 100gr as I have noticed no difference in performance other than it's a touch more accurate in my rifle.

If you can organise some boar hunting I'll bring some 120gr Norma loads for you [Big Grin]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Unfortunatly we dont have a huntebal population of wild boars in Denmark! The Bacon farmers will not allow it, they say it will harm our exsport of bacon to you and your friend!

So sorry its your own fault that I can't invited you over! [Razz]

But I could pick them up myself, I don't think that you have restrictions regarding roes or munjact because of us [Big Grin] !

Sincerely

Mads

[ 05-31-2002, 09:51: Message edited by: Mads ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mads,

Good one! Allthough with the importer Norma uses here we'd better book you in for 2005.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A bit out of topic, but for those of you who have tried it, will the 156 oryx, at the moderate velocity a 6.5x55 throws them, open up properly?
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by montero:
A bit out of topic, but for those of you who have tried it, will the 156 oryx, at the moderate velocity a 6.5x55 throws them, open up properly?
montero

Yup.