New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 whelen in production?
 Login/Join

<OTTO>
posted
Is any major corp. currently making a 35 whelen rifle?

posted Hide Post
I think Ruger chambered rifles in that calibre, but i am not sure if they still do. If you can't find one a 9.3x62mm would make a damn good alternative as its a .366 bullet in a case very similar to the 30-06....

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<duckster>
posted
Ruger made a limited edition run a year or two ago. The custom shop from both Remington and Winchester will make one up for you as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger made a run for Davidson's. It is a blued barrelled action with the boat paddle synthetic stock.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy a "donor" action and have Pac-Nor screw a .35 Whelen barrel on it. You will have about the same amount of money in it as opposed to buying a new or like new factory chambering and will almost certainly have a more accurate rifle.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
I have a 35 Whelen, NIB, Reminton "Classic" made in 1989, I think, that I want to sell. It is not cheap though.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Just looked through my Distributors catalogs and don't find anything currently in 35 Whelen. Closest you can come is .338-06 A-Square in a Weatherby.

bowhuntr [Wink]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Otto,
If you keep your eyes open you should be able to find either a Remington 700 Classic or any of a number of converted Mausers. They seem to run in streaks, when I didn't have the money they were all over the gun auction sites, once I had the cash I had to do some real searching. I did find a rifle though and am really happy with it.

Keep your eyes and options open and the right rifle will appear.

Bob

Posts: 361 | Location: Stevens Point, WI, USA | Registered: 20 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Gunsamerica.com has two Ruger M77 rifles in .35 Whelen listed: one a MK II "paddle stock", and the other an older MK I.

Go to the site and search on 35 Whelen.

I also have a custom M98 Mauser I could be talked out of (since I bought my .376 Steyr).

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Good used 30-06's are a dime a dozen. Just find one with a good action and re-bbl it.

Posts: 10145 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote