THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Can anyone tell me about Triple Shocks.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Can anyone tell me about Triple Shocks.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI,

Whan I get my reloading set-up, I sure would love to use some 350-400 grain TS 416 rigby loads, I bet they will shoot flat, I have some 350X,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've decided that's the bullet for me. In all honesty I've always thought that plain jane old Hornady Interloks just couldn't be beat, but Triple Shocks are indeed a better mouse trap. That's all I'll ever use from now on. Like I said I've got a bunch of unopened boxes that'll just gather dust..........

Quote:

I have had excellent results with the TSX, both in the 85gr 6mm and the 140gr 7mm. There is no concern that these bullets are too "Hard" to expand on light skinned game. On the 4 or 5 animals that I have taken with these bullets, ALL displayed picture perfect wound canals. By that I mean, there was just the right amount of damage to take the animal cleanly, but not so much damage as to waste edible meat to any excess.I Have yet to recover even a fragment of bullet. If this bullet shoots in your rifle,which it will, it is the only bullet to use!!!

Well. I must say, it is nice to see other hunters having the same success that I have had with this bullet.

Think about this: and it is just an opinion that I've had for a long long time. A homogenous bullet CAN be the perfect bullet, so long as its composition is conducive (as is the TSX). In terms of accuracy, it is more difficult to make a lead core bullet concentric than it is for a solid material bullet. We all know it has been done but it's one less variable to worry about from bullet to bullet. I believe that even if you weighed a whole box of bullets and they all weighed the same, but some of the lead cores were not as concentric as others, then you will have a more varied group. Barnes doesn't have to worry about this with their solid copper slugs.

And now that they've created these grooves for less fouling and pressure in the TSX, it is quite obvious that it has made a lot of folks happy. Including me. The fact is, I never ever tried the standard Barnes X bullet because of the extensive feedback on fouling and inaccuracy. But I've always thought that the solid material was a key to accuracy.

I'm very very thankful that they made this bullet. Very thankful. My ultimate test was all the coyotes I've killed now while deer hunting. They always dropped to the shot and while inspecting the lungs/heart, THOSE DARN TSX BULLETS ALWAYS OPENED UP AND OPENED UP QUICK.

My opinion is that if you are all having real good success with these bullets, you should email Barnes and let them know. It's nice to get a pat on the back now and then. And don't think for a minute that folks don't let them know all the negatives too.

I still like having a variety of bullets on my shelf but I really don't think I'll be using many of the others for deer anymore.

I think I'll have a garage sale sometime. I currently have over 2000 ballistic tips in 270 (all 3), 7mm (both), and 30 cal. (all but 125). I also have Hornady SST, Interbonds, lots of Speer bullets, Sierras (of all kinds), Swift Sciroccos.

The only thing I need on my shelf is the TSX. I'll keep all the partitions (all 1200 or so) and the Accubonds (maybe).

And I'll say it again, maybe I'm charmed, but I've had better accuracy success with Partitions than Sierra gamekings. Strange huh?

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

To the gentlemen who use TS are they to hard to open up on thin skin game? And the TS would be for large cal?,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
All I can tell you is that my personal experience with them on deer and yotes is that they have worked flawlessly, even when I have not hit bone.

There is a chance that, under the right circumstance, the hollow point may close down instead of open up. However, this has not been the case with me and I've taken thin skinned game from 8 yards to over 250.

Quite frankly, it is my favorite hunting bullet currently.

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Having been a non-believer in the mono-metal concept for some time, I do feel that Barnes has finally refined the concept to a point where I might consider trying them. We'll see.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote