THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Deer Escapes Mountain Lion By Jumping In Pool!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer Escapes Mountain Lion By Jumping In Pool!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy....

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great footage.

I wonder if in the water the advantage falls to the deer in water? With the possibility of drowning the cat.

Roos can drown dogs in water here. Few years ago parents were warned not to let their children go unaccompanied around the waters edge of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra during a drought as roos had drowned a number of dogs and they were worried about doing the same with kids.

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cats have no problem swimming, especially the bigger cats.
they are just a little apprehensive at first going in.
Deer don't care they will walk right in, I have seen mule deer playing in the lake on the edge of town here several times, and have watched them just wade/swim across the river coming out of it almost every fall on their way to where they winter.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
cats have no problem swimming, especially the bigger cats.
they are just a little apprehensive at first going in.
Deer don't care they will walk right in, I have seen mule deer playing in the lake on the edge of town here several times, and have watched them just wade/swim across the river coming out of it almost every fall on their way to where they winter.

I have seen lions swim across a mile wide gorge!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there, but, in a boat my folks were crossing Blue Mesa Reservoir west of Gunnisson CO back in the '70's. Where it was at least three miles across Dad said he couldn't believe he'd seen a mulie bucks horns floating and boated over near it and the buck was swimming right along. They moved off to a distance and watched til it made shore. Just stood there quite awhile, then shook the water off and walked on up the hillside.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the big cats will for sure swim and are even good at it.
they just hesitate that split second before going in.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I have to laugh when people assume "nature" is out there somewhere, but never at home.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Pictures

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000