Find
Notify
Tools

So Wy residents- who drew?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted
For it twasn't I. Unsuccessful for moose, sheep and goat.

I've got a few friends who drew. One moose, one sheep tag.

I'm jealous and flush with 17 preference points.

Next year!

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 403 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me or my family. Good friend from Saratoga drew an area 3 sheep though. So it looks like a sheep hunt for September! Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
nothing here. Want a Snowy Range Moose so bad I can taste it. Looks like Idaho Bear this spring, Utah Mulies this fall, Idaho Elk for Archery, SD Whitetail, and area 108 cow in Jan. if they come down.

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Nada

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nada x 2

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I edited this for content.

My father drew a area 5 cow tag, for some reason he cashed in his 12 points to apply for a cow.

I had originally thought he applied for a area 5 bull. I was wrong. He applied for an area 5 cow tag and that was what he drew.

Oh well either way I am headed back to Wyoming in October to help him haul her out.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
MOA, are you coming from Oz to pack cow elk? That is up there on the list of amazing things I've read on the internet!

How old is your pops? Maybe he just wanted to get out there with you, and didn't want to chew on antlers.

Posts: 403 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
He drew a area 5 moose cow tag.

I reckon that it is probably his last Wyoming moose tag.

He had 12 points, and I told him he ought to wait another year. Told me that he didn't want to croak with 12 points. Next year we work on sheep. I think he has 10 points for sheep.

An area 5 bull tag was a 1 in 8 odds with 12 points. I didn't know he also threw his hat in the 2nd choice cow drawing, and he couldn't remember if he did or not.

Oh Dad is 73 this year. Has titanium hips, titanium knees and a titanium shoulder. Says they don't work like OEM parts.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
...and no elk, deer or antelope tags. Looks like late season flyfishing and dove hunting for the boy and I.

Picture of TreeWalker
posted Hide Post
Anyone put in for leftover elk, deer or pronghorn? I chased an elk tag. Will see if draw in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 23 | Location: Northwest | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i put in for leftover general J deer tag. my pops and i in a party, and there were 8 tags...gonna take a bit of luck to hunt WY this year...

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote