Find
Notify
Tools

AR members in Memphis, TN
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
A French friend of mine, and shooting buddy, has taken a job in Memphis (bio-medical equipment company) and will be moving there soon. Any AR members in the Memphis area who would be willing to provide advice to a shooter new to the USA?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of other questions, not necessarily related to who lives in Memphis: what and where is the best gun store in the region and are there any good gunsmiths in the Memphis area?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
Although I do not live in Memphis but about 2.5 hours away I do travel through Memphis quite frequently, 6 times this month. I would be glad to share any information. One could start with Classic Arms. Although I have not been to their store I have met the owner at a few local gun shows.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
I can recommend both Classic Arms in Cordova (Jay is the owner) on Germantown Road as wells as Guns & Ammo in Memphis(Burt is the owner).
You will really want to be a member of the Memphis Gun Club..great facility. Shelby Farms also has a Public Range in east Memphis.
Ed Mason is one of the best gunsmiths Located in side of Dowdle Sports on Germantown Road in Cordova/Germantown. I would also recommend the gunsmith inside of Guns & Ammo.
This will get him started.

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen, the information has been passed on.