THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: anti-hunting/john kerry/ and John The Greek?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: anti-hunting/john kerry/ and John The Greek?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Doc,

Thank God! I was starting to get concerned about you. People who are convinced only they know the "true" path to heaven give me the creeps.

Tom,

I don't know that I said I personally hated GWB but I don't believe that hatred requires a "personal" and direct relationship with someone or something as you suggest either. I certainly don't believe that hatred for the person can be justified under Christianity but hatred for their actions certainly can. Further, when those actions are blasphemously attributed to "being called" by God, for better or worse, hatred for the blasphemy and the blasphemer wells up inside me. I don't know that I ever claimed to be a perfect Christian either. We are all human, of course, and these human tendencies became apparent in Christ himself on occasion (e.g., driving the money changers from the temple).

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Doc,

Thank God! I was starting to get concerned about you. People who are convinced only they know the "true" path to heaven give me the creeps.

Tom,

I don't know that I said I personally hated GWB but I don't believe that hatred requires a "personal" and direct relationship with someone or something as you suggest either. I certainly don't believe that hatred for the person can be justified under Christianity but hatred for their actions certainly can. Further, when those actions are blasphemously attributed to "being called" by God, for better or worse, hatred for the blasphemy and the blasphemer wells up inside me. I don't know that I ever claimed to be a perfect Christian either. We are all human, of course, and these human tendencies became apparent in Christ himself on occasion (e.g., driving the money changers from the temple).

Best,

JohnTheGreek

You can hate someones actions without hating them. As for the true path to heaven, well, Judge G beat me to it. There is only one way. Don't worry, it gives even the best of believers the creeps to...it's called being a God fearing person. But I accept it. Just my belief, and for what it's worth, I'll pray for you, for you know not what you do...

But someone else will have to do that for the Clintons, Gore, Kerry, and T. Kennedy. My worship would be worthless on their behalf.