Find
Notify
Tools

Don Wald passed today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Frowner

Don Wald, long time moderator at Hunt America, passed away today.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a real shame, I remember him from back on the HuntAmerica days, before AR.com existed if I remember correctly. In any case, Don's expertise will really be missed, I always liked listening to stories about him and his .280 Mountain rifle. God speed, Don, you were one of the first and one of the best, no coincidence!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never knew him.....MY LOSS!

My prayers go out to his family tonight.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seemed like a good guy, I only knew him as a fellow poster on the Huntamerica forums and I could tell he was a reasonable and knowledgeable character about guns.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I hadn't been to that board in years, but in the early days, Don and I traded many stories about the effectiveness of a properly-placed Ballistic Tip into a deer's vitals. He had run up an impressive total of one-shot, in-their-tracks stops using, IIRC, a .280.

He was a good guy and willing to share his knowledge. Rest in peace, Don. My prayers are with you and your family tonight.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9341 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a shame, Back in the day Don was one of the reasons you went to Huntamerica. I hook up with him and some of the others at the Suffern NY. Good guy, loved the 280 Remington.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My heart felt condolences to his family.

I do remember him.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67053 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don was a very nice fellow; he and I hunted groundhogs together a couple of times.

He will be missed.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I haven't been on huntamerica for years, but Don was a real gentleman, that was always obvious... RIP Don.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don was a great fellow, we talked often about varmit hunting. He will be missed. RIP

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I have been on AH too...But I remember Don, and am sad to hear of his passing.

RIP

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote