New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big game scale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just brought a 440lb scale from the sportsmansguide($17.95). I hooked it up to my skining hoist and weighed the first deer with it. Feild dressed at 75 lbs.

I have always wanted to know the weights of the game I shoot but never found a scale at the right price. Seems to be fairly accurate as when I pull my self up on it it is with in a couple of lbs of my normal weight.

Any body else using a scale on a regular basics to get there game weights. I am done guessing now. I guess I can no longer lie about how big it was.

Posts: 19602 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
We weigh all the deer shot on the place I hunt. We weigh them whole and dressed.

Tim

Posts: 1536 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you keep a log on the undressed and dressed weights I would like to see a avg list posted. Just to see what the deer size is down there

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's like buying a laser range finder. Why ruin a good story with facts?

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure all the past deer and bear well be bigger then the ones I shoot from now on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am sure all the past deer and bear well be bigger then the ones I shoot from now on.

Excellent idea! Include fish in that list, too. And don't forget that "the one that got away" was even bigger.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The biggest ones always get away.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fro many species, deer being the easiest, you can get very good estimates of live and dressed weight by measuring their girths. The PA Game and Fish Department sells tapes precalibrated for this - check their website.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote