THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Need a Big Island Gunshop or FFL Holder

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Big Island Gunshop or FFL Holder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A firearm of mine on the Big Island of Hawaii needs to come home to the mainland. I would normally use Kona Reloads, but his hours are short and he can be hard to get on the phone. Does anyone know of another shop or FFL holder who can ship to an FFL in the US?

Thanks in advance,

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

one of us
posted Hide Post
Plug your zip code into one of the online locators and call those listed to see what they charge and if they're still licensed.

http://www.auctionarms.com/help/fflnetwork.cfm

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Hawaii is in the US, so anyone can ship a firearm to a FFL holder or manufacturer in another state. If it's a long gun it can go in the US mail, if it is a handgun it must go private carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) and you have to take it to their shipping center, not their storefront shop.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Okie

Also if you are in Hawaii right now you can mail the gun to your self with out the use of an FFL. You can find the rules on the BATF site.
quote:
(B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity? [Back]

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

In any case as Frank said, if you are not in Hawaii, there is no need to ship via FFL holder only to recieve through an FFL holder. Who ever has your gun can ship to your chosen FFL holder if that is the case.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote