New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valle Vidal Bull Elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brother and i have drawn bull tags for the Valle Vidal . Hunting Oct 18 2008. How good is this area? Im told its very good. Anyone hunted this area?

Thanks

Posts: 205 | Location: Mt . Orab OHIO | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never hunted there but did have the priviledge of guiding a good friend there a couple of years back. Near 100% success rate with some fine bulls taken every year. We were lucky that he took one close to the road and we were able to load it into the truck without problems. One of the prettiest areas you'll ever see.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

LUX

Posts: 205 | Location: Mt . Orab OHIO | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting drawn for Valle Vidal is the equivalent to getting a desert sheep tag. Congratulations! You guys should have an awesome hunt. Also, not to jinx you, but you may want to remember to bring your taxidermists address with you...

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the hunt! Post some pictures when you get back!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys ,

thankyou for the feedback on the valle vidal. Just got off the phone with one of the guides and i think he is understating the quality . Probably just being a good guide.

LUX