New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 700 Ti
 Login/Join

<JerrBear356>
posted
Has anyone ever shot a Rem 700 Ti? If so are they shooters? How do they compare to Model 7s of the same caliber? (260rem, .308win, 7mm-08rem)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I puchased a rem 700 ti in 30/06 a month or
so ago and have had very little time to get out to the range. I shot up a box of remington extended range 152gr while sighting
in the rifle and breaking in the barrel. I've
also begun working up a load with the 168 grain barnes x but havnt shot enough to form
an opinion. the factory rounds shot well.
overall I like the feel of this rifle and
really like stock. It's made by bell and carlson I believe and really feels nice.
Stainless finish on this rifle is darker than
the other stainless remington that I own, its
a duller more gray finish, which is more
appealing to me. I'll be shooting the rifle
tomorrow (mothers day) and will post back
with more info on accuracy

Posts: 32 | Location: georgia usa | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JerrBear356>
posted
From what I have seen in pictures, the gun looks really well. I especially like the spiral fluting on the bolt.

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Jerr, it should be perfect for all the thousand-yard elk hunting you do in Pannsylvania.

<EricT55>
posted
Has anyone messed with the titanium in a 7mm-08 or heard the results of one. This seems like an ideal caliber for such a light rifle. Jerry is also right that it has a slick looking fluted bolt.

<MontanaMarine>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
Jerr, it should be perfect for all the thousand-yard elk hunting you do in Pannsylvania.

Brad,

I sensed a litle tongue-in -cheek, but Pennsylvania at one time had elk. They have been reintroduced and are being managed today.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC/elk/history.htm

MM

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Actually MM, I was being brutally sarcastic !

Jerr, on the .308 Win thread, let us all know about the superiority of his 338 Lapua with which he could make 1000 yard, one-shot kills on elk.

I liked Ray A's response... that Lapua must be loaded with bullshit!

Brad

<rifleman13>
posted
jerrbear356 - NRA sucks my ass. Guns are so gay. Guns should be out lawed because of homos like yourself. All of you people are dumbasss white trash rednecks. I bet you are a fat piece of shit. I bet you need a god damn tree stand than is tested by whales to support your fat ass. Your gun knowledge is seriously lacking. Have a nice day. -Your mom.

<MontanaMarine>
posted
Brad, I saw the thread you are talking about. It was tempting, but I just chuckled to myself and passed on that one. Ray addressed it better than I would have...

MM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know JerrBear356, don't know his equipment or how he can shoot, but as far as I know the record(reported, but I believe them) for killing an elk, how many shots it took, I am not sure, is 2860 yards with Matchkings BTW. So, I can assure you, that with the right equipment, and a very good shooter, it is quite possible to one shot kill am elk at 1000 yards. Now, whether it is sporting is another question entirely.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Ross Spagrud>
posted
I was recently interested to learn that
Remington does not make the Titanium
receivers for these rifles.

Ross
www.prairiegunworks.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
O.K. Ross,
I give up! Who is making Remington's Ti receivers?

Posts: 322 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
<JimF>
posted
Re Remington Ti accuracy:

Mine is a 7-08 with the barrel shortened to 20" Accuracy has been acceptable with 130, 145 gr Speers & RL -15. Avg 3 shot groups are about 1 1/4" tp 1 3/8" with both bullets. Velocities are 2745 w/145 2860 w/130.

Interestingly, the rifle shoots easily inside 2" @ 200 yds with both loads. I am a fan of short light guns and have had several built over the years. This is a pretty darn good piece for a factory gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
J.W. I think it's Ross himself.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote