Find
Notify
Tools

Antique Whitetail Deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Think of the grief you would actually get for lashing one down over the hood of your pick-up nowdays!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DC
Thanks for posting these. Truly a step back in time.
Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The pity is how much grief those folks would get for killing some of those bucks pictured.

There are people today, at least here in Texas that would not admit to killing many of the deer pictured.

Somehow many folks have lost the concept that any buck is a quality animal and that B&C or P&Y scores don't really matter that much in the big picture. JMO.

Thanks for posting the pictures, I think they are great and put deer hunting in a proper perspective.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
All these pictures almost make me want to put on a tie for my next hunting trip! Big Grin

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a buck in the 2nd and 3rd picture that I would shoot in a heartbeat anythime.

Both are mature whitetails.

The one looks like a 6x6, and the other is a heavy 4x4. Just look at the body size.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DC Roxby,

Thanks again. I've enjoyed both these and the antique mule deer. I appreciate and applaud your efforts.

CHC,
+1 on what you said. I hunt with 9 other guys and have hunted with these fellows for the last 10 seasons. We can take two bucks each. So lots of deer are killed and brought into camp. Can't remember scoring one of them.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote