Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Black Bear hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
Anyone have any info on a good outfitter for spring black bear in the lower 48? Im really giving some thought to booking a hunt in the spring? Who have you hunted with? Who would you recommend?

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
I went twice with Tom David out of Albquerque. He hunts in AZ in the White Mtn Indian Reservation. Very accomodating, friendly, and great food. He uses hounds and bait. Terrific hunt. My bears weren't huge but did get a bear each time. Color phase possible. Hunted once spring and once fall. Spring is better. Fewer bugs, had monsoons in the fall. Bear hides better in the spring.
PM me for Tom's phone if you like. His business is Summitt Outfitters I believe.

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
If you want to try Alberta Canada, I know Birch Creek Outfitters has some hunts remaining for this spring for a good price. Great outfitter, great people!

www.birchcreekhunts.com

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this one: Ultimate Outdoors

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Josh K,

I have had fun with Tim Craig at www.bouldercreekoutfitters.com, good hunt and lots of color phase bears. He hunts North Central Idaho. Ann from Aspen Hill Adventures books for Tim.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote