New
Find
Notify
Tools

recommend an antelope hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
can anyone recommend a guided antelope hunt (that they have ben on in the past 3 years)??while i have been on mule deer, elk, and alaskan bear hunts, i have never hunted for lopes. what dates are best for the area you know about? thanks gents

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you are looking for. A trophy or just a nice buck. There are always leftover tags in Wyoming, they are in areas with lots of private property. Some land owners charge a few bucks to access, some guide, and some don't allow any hunting.

Also Ray Atkinson has some opeings listed on this forum.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lightning
posted Hide Post
i sent you a pm

Posts: 246 | Location: Argyle, TX | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
From what everyone says Ray is a square shooter. Here is a link to his web site.

http://www.atkinsonhunting.com/

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300shooter
posted Hide Post
For a Fair and great hunt I would call Ray. he has some great places to hunt Speedgoats .

300Shooter

Posts: 715 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
You might also apply in good public land areas, which will be tough to draw, but if you do you can save a bunch of money by not hiring an outfitter. If you have a place to hunt, you do not need an outfitter. The only reason people use outfitters for antelope is because the outfitters lock up all the land.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I offer a really good antelope hunt in northeast New Mexico. The bucks average 14-15" with several 16"+ bucks taken each year. I think late August is the best time of year, so I would think about booking for next year. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
gents/ thanks for the advice; i have never hunted speedgoats, so i welcome all leads. i sent an email to both atkinson and true grit. i will say i had a less than satisfactory alaskan brownhunt in 1995 with one guide atkinson used. ouch.....expensive hunt to have less than great guide. lesson learned..........

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote