Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Things I've come to believe in!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
A compatible hunting partner with similar values....priceless!

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Ive come to believe that a good pair of gloves and a good pair of boots are the two most important pieces of hunting equipment.

I also believe that stalking skills are more valuable than flat trajectories, and that nearly any center fire rifle can be made to be suitable for taking medium sized game. (Emphasis on nearly)

I believe that empty beer cans belong in garbage cans irreguardless of whose or what property you are on and that people should be considerate of others.

I believe there is a time and a place for all things, this includes ATV's, enviromentalism, politics, and loud music. But not everywhere, all the time.

As for the other branch that this thread unfortunatley grew, I agree with most everything Mark White said.

I dont make a lot of money by todays standards, but anyone who tells me that I dont work hard is going to get an earfull, garanteed! I didnt get one herniated disk and one ruptured disk collecting food stamps, in fact Ive never used one in my life.

The notion that hard work and fortune go hand in hand and therefore everyone who doesnt clear 6 figures is lazy simply demonstrates a lack of exposure to the real world, (see hollywood silver spoon babies) it is both arrogant and uninformed.

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good thread. How about:

You can make more money, but you can't make more time. Better hunt and fish whenever you can.

Making a kill is good, but it's great if it required a difficult hunt.

A worn out hunter is "a good feeling".

You normally get what you pay for in this sport, and something that sounds like a real bargain, usually aint.

It don't get much better than sharing a campfire, drinks & fresh fish or game with good friends.

Radios, TV's, generators, ATV's and other such noisy contraptions don't belong in a hunting camp.

That first clear, crisp, hard frosty November morning is a magical time to be in the deer woods.

The sound of complete silence when the super cub leaves is worth whatever you paid to get there.

Leather, wool and down are still very good products despite all the new space age stuff available.

Familiarity with old tried and true equipment, beats new gadgets, hands down.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote