Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Scope/Camera Combo - BAD idea
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted
I would not worry, I looked at the pricing and it was over $1500.00. It won't sell at that price!

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Well, we should see in a few months, as the folks at 24hourcampfire.com are building a rifle which will be used by it's serious members. This rifle will be equipped with such a scope in order to share pictures with fellow board members.

Sure, it's not a Leupold (a favorite by far) but I expect the members to use the scope in a responsible manner.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Let's get some opinions. Will the high price tag limit or increase the number of idiots buying this contraption. I'm not sure myself. Just think about all the idiots turning out at camp with all sorts of completely ridiculous gear that some slick salesman told them was indispensible.

There's a post on the Big Bore forum: "What makes you cringe?" Well add this to my list.

New famous last words: "Hey take a picture of me with that fancy gadget"

Does the world really need a new reason to point a gun at something that shouldn't be shot? < !--color-->

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
I read through Rifle Magazine the other day and saw a bad idea. The "Adirondack SmartScope" or whatever they called it. There's already lots of complaints about people using their rifle scopes for spotting. I don't understand how the lawyers who mandate 6lb trigger pulls could let this go out the door. There's way too many idiots out there for this to be made available to the general public.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote