New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second weekend "luck"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hunted Friday through Sunday opening weekend and only shot a hog.
Came back hunting second weekend(15th & 16th)and brought my oldest son who is now 26. He has been hunting with me since he was five.

This is all I took.....

unless you consider yourself lucky to experience the excitement, comraderie and pride and memories made in
being there when your oldest takes a good buck, then thanks you for making the experience possible...

We had hunted all day Saturday and Sunday. He shot this buck at 5 pm Sunday. Deer have not been moving in the hill country as the acorn crop is massive and they don't have to go far for food. Just bed down in an oak mott and roll over and chow down. Glenn had put Tinks 69 out in several places. A small 6 point and a doe had come in and he was considering taking the doe for meat. He heard this buck snort. He locked in on the area where he heard the snort. When the buck stepped out he popped him with his TC encore in 7 mag and 150 gr. nosler ballistic silvertips. He was DRT. When Glenn went to look at the buck, there was a horse shoe laying two feet away from the buck's head. Were, calling him the lucky buck.
Glenn got the buck, but I'm the lucky one.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
You hit the nail on the head when you say that the atmosphere and camaraderie make hunting memorable.

Tell Glenn congrats on a super buck, and kudos to you for showing him the way early on and maintaining such a good relationship through the years. (I've had the distinct honor of meeting Geedubya and can say without a doubt that his kids are lucky indeed to have him for their father. He's a good guy, honest as the day is long and always ready to help someone out -- and his taste in guns is not bad, either... Big Grin)

Also, those are some really nice sunsets. Nice job on the photography! thumb

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It just doesn't get any better for a Daddy. Congrats to GW and his son. thumb

Good deer, too.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome deer, I'm going to try putting some horseshoes around my stand.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice deer.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIR MAUSER:
Awesome deer, I'm going to try putting some horseshoes around my stand.

If you hang around GW long enough he'll throw a donkey shoe for you.......... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Nice deer. Congrats to both of you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being out hunting with your Son is as good as it gets!!! thumb
Some awesome pix too. Love the sunset photos.