THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Point Management Gohunt or Hunting Fool

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Point Management Gohunt or Hunting Fool
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I joined GoHunt for $150 after watching Randy Newberg talk about it. So far I like it, but it is far from perfect.

I was already a member of Huntpro, but it is about to run out.

Gohunt is $50 more per year, 99% of the features are better than Huntpro, at least to me.

Does anyone know where you set either website to remind you to apply. I missed the deadline in Utah, Nevada and Arizona this year as I wasn't thinking about it.

Arizona is stinking cryptic about their time to buy preference points.

I forgot to get Wyoming points, or at least I thought I did. So I went back in and confirmed I have 5 for sheep, antelope and elk, and 3 for deer and 1 for moose. I can have almost any antelope tag I want, the rest I am a few years away from drawing, but I have 4 years left in Europe. So I have time to build.

AZ, UT and NV I have a point each for everything except sheep, if they don't take them away and two points each for sheep.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I have used Huntin Fool for years and get print mag and emag. they over the last few yrs send me a text and an email alert. I have doing it so long though, I basically know.
The Antelope points you have, you might want to check because I have one less than max on Elk,Deer and Antelope and applied for two units for Antelope and did not draw. You might be more limited than you think.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
Tanzania 2024
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
David Virostko of Virostko Hunts and North Rim Oufitters is who you need to talk to. Very personalized service because he limits his client list. He helps his guys draw some amazing tags every year and has a network of outfitters for those that draw or he can help a DIY guy from his experiences

http://www.virostkohunts.com

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAR60:
I have used Huntin Fool for years and get print mag and emag. they over the last few yrs send me a text and an email alert. I have doing it so long though, I basically know.
The Antelope points you have, you might want to check because I have one less than max on Elk,Deer and Antelope and applied for two units for Antelope and did not draw. You might be more limited than you think.

Thanks, I am not worried about it. I am not doing anything but buying points until we move back to the USA in 2019 or 2021.

I need to get smart on building other states elk, deer, antelope, sheep, moose and goat points.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I've used the Point Hunter app for the last several years and get alert messages when application times end and when I need to put in for preference points.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll see if I can find that. Does it work for non-apple phones?