New
Find
Notify
Tools

NM results are out
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They actually posted the results on time. My brother and I were successful in drawing a coues tag but, we unsuccessful for everything else. I've been wanting to hunt coues for a long time and now I've finally got my chance.
Good Luck to everyone.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
For the first time in 20 years I will not be hunting big game in my home state. Five species - no tags. I can't believe a resident can't even pull a cow elk muzzleloader tag when it's one's first, second, and third choice.

I'd rather spend my money in Texas anyway.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Nada for me--I don't count the ML Deer tag as the Deer draw system is a joke. I drew Elk tags four years straight so I can't complain too much but it won't be much of hunting season this year.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I got a deer tag and no elk or pronghorn.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I didn't even waste my time applying for any NM hunts this year. Game management in NM is a good example of how not to do things. Mad

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We drew bull tags for the 2nd rifle season in area 44/45. Anyone have any experience in that area?

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
Unsuccessful Antelope now it's 5 years in a row why the hell they don't go to a point system.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Read about the draw and so-called "game management" in this state. It's got nothing to with hunting opportunities or really improving game populations and habitat. It has everything to do with generating money to make politocos look good enough to get reappointed. It's all a big scam...

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well boys, got me an early muzzleloader bull tag in the gila! Yee ha! Gonna whack A good one!wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Well boys, got me an early muzzleloader bull tag in the gila! Yee ha! Gonna whack A good one!wapiti7

Good on ya! Hope you get a monster!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody know how area 49 is for Elk? We drew 4 tags for mature bulls during 10-7 to 10-11.

Posts: 73 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:

You should do alright as long as the whole place doesn't burn down this summer. We've had several days of low visibility here in Cruces because of the smoke from the Gila fires.

Good luck wapiti, you seem to be one of the few.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Were you down there last year about Sep 15?

Posts: 128 | Location: Rio Arriba County, NM | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drew for elk in 5c and mulies in 5a

Posts: 128 | Location: Rio Arriba County, NM | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With Quote