THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Are You Considering Really Big Black Bears?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Considering Really Big Black Bears?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
If so, I have the outfitter for you! Longtime outfitter who runs a great hunt and I don't think you'll find bigger black bears.

-

-

Hunt these brutes in the Alaskan Inside Passage with your base camp being a 53 foot yacht. Makes moving camp a snap! Expect to see an average of 20 bears a day with most squaring at 7.5 feet. You can deep sea fish while hunting during either spring or fall dates (halibut, cod, shrimp, etc).

Max of 4 hunters per trip with 2 guides and one cook.

-

We've still got some June 03 openings at $3950 plus tags, 7 days. Taking deposits for 2004 too!

-

Of course we have really nice brown bears here and lots of sitka deer, mountain goats and too many wolves. [Smile]

What are you waiting for!

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Looks outstanding Ann. Those are some gorgeous blackies..

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great excuse for another rifle, more reloading dies, new fishing gear, time off work, the use of my wife's crockpot, and a couple more part time jobs. Ann I would love to take that trip. I will be thinking aobut it for a while however. [Big Grin] Thanks for the offer.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No need to think about it just DO it!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Juneau>
posted
Ann,

Looks like Kuiu Is. or Kupreanof Is. bears? I get a much better deal on those hunts [Big Grin] Actually, when I think about it, considering the moorage and maintenance dollars I spend every year on my 42 ft. boat - maybe I don't [Frown]

<DavidP>
posted
Ann,
That sounds like a great hunt but I do have a question. How accurate is the statement that "most bears square 7.5 feet". That is a HUGE black bear! I know they can get that big and even bigger in that part of the world. Is that a true 7.5' square measurement?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David,

I just got done grilling the outfitter about the size as he was in town last week for the Outdoorama show here. These are massive bears. They eat what the brown bears eat, lots of fish and food is readily available all season for them so they are very big black bears.

I was shocked at how much bigger they are myself. I've not been to Alaska (not yet!) but have shot one bear before in Manitoba. These make my 300 pound bear look like a dwarf. There was a booth right next to ours from Quebec peddeling black bear hunts and his mounts looked like cubs next to these bears. A huge difference and I noticed the heads are much more massive on these coastal black bears too.

Juneau, I don't feel sorry for you with the boat payments [Big Grin] . You all have way too much good hunting and fishing to be crabbing about it. Nope, no sympathy from me, uh huh, no way. But not to worry, retirement will put me up there to cash in too! [Wink] [Smile]