THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Texas Fencing Guide from Tx A & M free download....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Fencing Guide from Tx A & M free download....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://texasfarmbureau.org/wp-...nds_Bradbury-min.pdf

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that Gato.
I skimmed through it as I don't own property or livestock in Texas so it doesn't apply to me.
In my resident state of Colorado it is surprising to some people what exactly the fence laws and open range laws are. Even local County Sheriff Deputies and county District Attorney do not know the letter of the law.
Colorado is an "open range" state and if you don't want someone's livestock on your property you are required to fence them out.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really good information. I will pass it along to the man I work for.

We run 50+ head of Buffalo on 680 acres and are always concerned about those animals getting out of the pasture.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its basically been if you don't want your neighbors cattle on your land then you build and maintain a fence to keep them out, at least in far west texas, not sure what open range means in Texas, as all the land is mostly privately owned, but there is some large parcels of school land and lots of that goes to the land owner around it for his use, sometimes the land owner leases the plots or section with water on it thereby securing the rest of the land.. unless its in the middle of the landowners ranch then he can close his land and denie access to the school or gov land.

All that said, as far back as I can remember, its been worked out and shared responsibility between neighbors and to hell with all else, and its worked for ages, but I can see where times could change as folks with money to invest purchase a large ranch, usually for hunting and they are lawyers or business men from Metropolis or wherever.

Interesting book, but not sure how much of it has actually been challenged except in the more populated areas..

Just some input from a ranching family in far West Texas, and many relitives still involved..and it may be an ever changing subject. Many men have been killed over fencing and water in past years, and it still happens on occasions I suppose????

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote