THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    6 Nov Is Opening Of Tx Deer Season: Shoulder Rebuild Means I Can't Participate

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Nov Is Opening Of Tx Deer Season: Shoulder Rebuild Means I Can't Participate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Doc and physical therapist say no high power rifle shooting yet.
I'll still go and join my son for a weekend of camping and lots of around the camp fire chat.
Best hunting I can hope for is a chance at some bushytails.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, Have you considered taking a Camera? You can still have the thrill of the Hunt, proof that you "shot one" Big Grin, and no Deer to Drag or Clean. tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot a heavy (meaning the rifle's wt) .223 on the off shoulder.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Shoot a heavy (meaning the rifle's wt) .223 on the off shoulder.

+1

even the "on" shoulder.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
can you use a handgun with the other arm?

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Shoot off handed with a smaller caliber.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for you being out of commission. But, thanks for leaving a couple of bucks for me and the Mrs. when we come down in December.

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
The "Doc" isn't always right. tu2

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bummer big time. I'm with the other guys - any way you can use a smaller caliber, heavier rifle? Hope something can work out for you. Life's too short to have to miss a hunting season.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I feel for you. It's tough to have to watch opening morning come and go. In 2008, I missed the first week as my strength just wouldn't allow me to get out there. And when I did get to hunt and take a buck, I wound up having to give it away as I didn't have the stamina to even complete the field dressing.

I have every intention of trying to hunt tomorrow, though for me, this now consists of shooting platforms near the house as my mobility has been severely compromised. I won't know till morning if I can make it or not, but I plan on it... Smiler

I don't know what part of the state you are in (or if you are still in TX), but I do have some low-recoil rounds that would serve you extremely well out to a couple hundred yards. I'd be glad to let you use one of these Contenders for as long as you need to.

You can PM if you'd like.

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote