Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Hunted Idaho Unit 20A Lately?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted
I haven't been there since the late 80's. I understand things have changed there in the last 20 years...or at least so I have heard. Anyone been there lately?

I've heard the wolves are pretty well established there. I don't think there were any wolves there the last time I hunted it (Color Creek to Kitchen Creek area). There sure were a bunch in the Bacon & Bean Wilderness (Panhandle) when I hunted there in 2001.

31 Middle Fork B elk tags left for nonresidents....

0351 USMC

Posts: 1534 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tarbe, I haven't been hunting up there in the Middle Fork Zone (20A, 26, & 27 zones) for a couple of years, but I know people who have. Yep, there are quite a few wolves in there, from what I have been told, and reading.

They are definitely moving the elk around. Also, some of the illustrious leaders in the greenie weenie movement are clamoring to move a bunch of Grizzly bears in there (central Idaho), too.

Go figure.

If "Logcutter" checks in here on this, he can tell you much more about that area and the present wolves, than I can.

Good luck, if you hunt there this Fall.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback Leanwolff.

Interesting that Idaho is requesting USFW to let them kill something like 43 wolves in the Lolo district. You can read about it on the IDFG website.

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1534 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote