New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mt. caribou and moose combo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After doing some research I'm pretty interested in doing this hunt. Anyone with storys they'd like to share? Any outfitter you'd recommend? Or how about an outfitter you'd avoid?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am awaiting confirmation on my hunt for this coming late September in the NWT. I spent some time doing the homework between Yukon and NWT and found a backpack hunt that sounds terrific and reference checks have been superb.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may want to look into Stan Stevens of Mackenzie Mnt Outfitters. He takes a number of excellent moose and mountain caribou during his September/October hunts.

I went on a sheep hunt with him this past July and had a great time. I will be going back for a sheep/moose/caribou hunt in 2007 during September.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Smith of Bear Paw Outfitters in Sinclair Mills B.C. is an awfully good guy to hunt with. I went on a spring black bear unt with him and he had some absolute fantastic photos of moose, mtn caribou and mtn goats that his hunters have taken.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am booked with Mackenzie.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a hunt two years ago with Keith Connors and Shane Black (BC Safaris) and took a decent moose and a nice mountain caribou. It is a real wilderness hunt and was one of the best of all of the hunts I have been on. I will email you the story about it, complete with photos.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

A 453 B&C taken with Tim Mervyn. If I wanted this species, I would go here.

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn!!! John that is nice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the current B&C World Record taken in 1998 I believe from Tim's 10,000 square mile area. Obviously, not everyone is gonna shoot one like this, but at least one knows the genes are there. Of course, Tim's hunts aren't cheap for anything including caribou.

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't ever measure this one, but I am sort of pleased with it.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Eeker Now that is a caribou Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
John you two are killing me! Wonderful pics of great animals. Smiles tell the stories.