THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    6 elk ran off the road, over a cliff!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 elk ran off the road, over a cliff!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mad A Utard in an SUV!

Spooked elk die after jumping over highway wall.

By the Associated Press
Monday, December 29, 2008 4:41 PM MST

SALT LAKE CITY -- Six elk died after jumping off a 50-foot highway wall when they were spooked by an SUV in Provo Canyon.

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources says the six were among a group of 10 to 15 elk in the southbound lane of Highway 189 on Sunday night.

Conservation Officer Ryan Karren says several vehicles stopped to allow the elk to move through the canyon. But soon an SUV approached and began crowding the herd in an effort to move them along.

The group spooked and six went over a 50-foot drop, falling onto the lower northbound lanes. Karren says the meat has been given to needy residents.

The driver showed no remorse and has not been cited and the case remains under investigation.

Karren urges drivers to be patient as wildlife move to lower elevations this winter.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I have heard of Utards running animals on the wintering ground with 4 wheelers and snowmobiles in order to get them to drop their sheds but this guy is apparently more eager than most

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Wow......too bad the elk didn't push his SUV off the 50 foot embankment......would have been a great nominee for a Darwin award....

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote