Notify
Tools

Re: Mule Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted
Deer Hunt in Utah not open yet!!!!

How do you hunt them with out the season being open?

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great bucks! Looks like your son had the time of his life.

I just returned home from hunting the Book Cliff's with a muzzleloader. I killed a 24" 4x4 Friday night. I hoped for a little better buck, but just wasn't seeing them, so when the opportunity came to harvest my buck, I took it. It rained for three days straight, which made it pretty tough to get too enthused about going out, but we stuck it out and had a good time.

Just out of curiosity, what does it cost for a resident to hunt a "management" buck like that on the CMWU you guide for? If you don't care to post the price here, please PM with the details.

Thanks a bunch.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
General season not open yet. This ranch is a CWMU (cooperative wildlife management unit) owners discretion on when one can hunt. Legal season is Sept 1 through Oct 30. In exchange for liberal season, each CWMU is required to give 10% of its tags to the public through a draw conducted by the state.

Thanks for the question. Would hate to have one of the whoops moments here in an open forum.

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote