THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Forget Mbogo with a 45-70, these guys are NUTS!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forget Mbogo with a 45-70, these guys are NUTS!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Going after Grizz with a big bore rifle would be enough to get my adrenaline going, would you want to hunt Grizz with a BOW & ARROW!! ? Well heres your chance.. [Big Grin]

Some nice looking specimens in the photos as well.

http://www.bowhunts.net/grizzly.html

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
<FarRight>
posted
Just hafta run faster than your guide [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an inlaw who has taken all the big game here in Alberta with a bow. Personally, I think he's a little nuts, but he's always been a lucky man, and it works for him. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I plan on(sometime) hunting a Leopard with a bow. Lion, Buff, Brown Bear and Grizz .... I don't know....I just don't have the stones for those!
I realize a Leopard will kill you just as quick but it's not the animal, it's how they are hunted that matters to the string gun.
Yes I know you bait Lions as well but they generally run in groups whereas the Leopard is a loner.
There is not enough knockdown power to stop any of them in mid charge!

[ 10-18-2002, 15:17: Message edited by: amosgreg ]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back when I was stationed in Europe we were watching Fred Bear film clips at the gun club. One was of Fred after a grizzly with a bow. This film had sound and you could hear whispered comments by the cameraman. Nice stalk, Fred got to 30 or so yards of a good sized bear. He let an arrow fly, you could see it hit the shoulder. The bear started growling and biting at the arrow, then looked right at the camera and took off dead at the camera in a very fast run. Fred was lost out of view as he ran to the side. After the bear covered about half the distance (in about a heartbeat!) there was a very loud BOOM!. Bear fell, then the rifleman stepped into the picture and put a finisher in the bear.

Moral of story, have some backup.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a man who took the Kodiak brown, the costal griz and the interior Brown bear with bow, and he says it was the best hunt(s) of his life. I think he is nutz but he also had a very good shot with a 458 winmag backin him up incase the bear got pissy.

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
<thecrafter>
posted
well,if these fellows want to bow-hunt the dangerous ones,its there right to do so,hopefully they got someone backing them up with a big gun,if not,then its chance.me i bei;ieve in a bigfoot creature,45/70 or 12 gauge with 3"magnum slugs are the bit for it,yeah ,i know alot of you say"well thats just a hoax"not my friends,it does exist and my primary objective is to find it(and i know personally it does exist).no BS about it,question is ,WHERE AND WHEN?well,i will in time know that out and be there....oh,well,time for bed..... r

one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Ricks:
Back when I was stationed in Europe we were watching Fred Bear film clips at the gun club. One was of Fred after a grizzly with a bow. This film had sound and you could hear whispered comments by the cameraman. Nice stalk, Fred got to 30 or so yards of a good sized bear. He let an arrow fly, you could see it hit the shoulder. The bear started growling and biting at the arrow, then looked right at the camera and took off dead at the camera in a very fast run. Fred was lost out of view as he ran to the side. After the bear covered about half the distance (in about a heartbeat!) there was a very loud BOOM!. Bear fell, then the rifleman stepped into the picture and put a finisher in the bear.

Moral of story, have some backup.

I read an article a while back, in which Bear claimed that Grizzly was highly over rated. He had the most trouble with Polar bear. He was a smart man, he always had rifle backup!

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote