Find
Notify
Tools

A black bearin' I shall go
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
Well boys I'm off to the mountains of western Maine to hunt black bear. Wish me luck as I'm taking along the 9.3 our friend dpcd put together.

Will be happy to post a report of the hunt etc upon my return.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I am heading to Maine tomorrow on a black bear hunt as well.

I will be near Patten.

Have a great hunt.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Best of Luck on your hunt.

I hope to someday get the chance to shoot a bear bigger than the one I got in Idaho in 2010.

Looking forward to the report on your hunt.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I gave up on bear hunting in Maine.. Went 3 times, 3 different guides/areas... And only the 1st guide we used I would not use again for reasons I won't go into here.. I love the state, the food, the people, the scenery... just beautiful place..

but sitting in the woods staring at a bucket of donuts (or whatever your outfitter uses for bait) for 7 hours a day is just NOT FUN to me.. Also, It is a struggle to get a shot over 50 yards in Maine.. its really thick.

I did see plenty of Moose and keep trying for a moose tag, but so far no luck..

And your 9.3 is MORE than enough for a Maine Bear. The average weight for bear taken in Maine is only around 100 pounds..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote