New
Find
Notify
Tools

More game cam photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Things just get better and better! The Whitetails aren't too impressive, But I really wasn't expecting big whitetails! The Aoudad situation is looking good 100's of Aoudad photos some really big ones. Starting to see more Fallow and Sika. No Axis yet but they gotta be there.

LOTS OF PIGGIES..........man I have never seen so many pigs. Black ones, red ones, white ones, striped ones and spotted ones. Gotta start makin' bacon! Definantly a target rich environment!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really nice Aoudad! All I can say is you better have a big enough trophy room. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
...and a good supply of ammo... Smiler

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You bought a ZOO !!
I would enjoy watching as much
as filling the freezer.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Have gun ... Will travel!!! Big Grin

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talk about a target rich environment.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Very nice. There are some nice auodad there, and that little white fallow has some potential.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is why I picked this part of the state, no telling what might wander by.

It is very thick country so about all you can do is hunt out of a blind and that is kind of a bummer but mostly what we have to do in Texas....

I have hunted all around this area and seen Ibex, even Elk. It is not unusual to see Mouflon and Corsican also.

The feeders have not run in about two years so as time goes by I bet we see more and more animals. We haven't seen any Axis yet but they are in the area, we have found sheds. Maybe once it gets to winter they will start hitting the protein. Axis and Aoudads really like the stuff.

May just be too many piggies.....might have to build some feeder pens to keep 'em away a bit. Set feeders to feed late in the AM and early in the PM to give the deer a better chance.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Any neighboring ranches for sale?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few. Yes.

Actually there is a lot of land for sale in that part of the state.

www.landsoftexas.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are gonna need a bigger hard drive there Jim, to store all those pix (if you ain't already bought one). jumping

tu2

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am having a ball with the game cameras!

I never thought they would be so much fun.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
If you ever decide to do some culling on some of the does, I promise to behave myself.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
If you ever decide to do some culling on some of the does, I promise to behave myself.

No way Pard, if you where to behave yourself then I would have to behave myself and we would both bore the sh*t outta' each other!

beer

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Wow. You really have some game there! Fallow Sika and Aoudad!

That area ought to be stuffed with Axis. I shot a couple very close to you on a low fence ranch about 20 years ago.

Hard to tell from that photo, but that Aoudad is definitely nice. I would knock him over!

Keep the pictures coming.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] [/That area ought to be stuffed with Axis. I shot a couple very close to you on a low fence ranch about 20 years ago. QUOTE]

I see it the same way. I have hunted a bunch about 10 miles North and it's Axis central......

They gotta be there I just ain't seen any yet.

The wife and daughter have already decided those two big Aoudads are thiers.....

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Aren't game cameras fun? It's like Christmas, every time you check them. Especially when you have no idea what you might see on it.

We will expect more photos every Monday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We will expect more photos every Monday.

Yessir!

Actually....sadly.....I don't get to go back 'till the 11th Mad

I'll most likely have about half a million piggie pictures!

Wasn't it you that told me you don't shoot the big boars on your place because they will eat piglets?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Wasn't it you that told me you don't shoot the big boars on your place because they will eat piglets?

Yes sir. That has been my experience. Might be hard to prove on an unfenced property.

Also, it is hard not to shoot the big boys ... it's just so much fun!