Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware of Answer Products
 Login/Join

posted
As an avid hunter,fisherman and sport shooter, I feel it is important to provide a warning about the current products and service from Answer Products. My most recent dealings with them should be enough to make any sportsman not willing to throw money away, steer clear. It is not my intention to post a long complaint list. If details are needed by those who may be planning to use this company, please do not hesitate to email me. Hope this helps even one person from making the same mistake that I did.

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I'd like some more info. If this is the company that sells aftermarket dirt bike stuff. I have been looking at suspension upgrade stuff for my sons CRF230.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No, this company does gunsmith work,(not very well), and installs ear splitting muzzle brakes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lonniejackson,
I'd like to hear about your dealings with them. Your email is not visible so please email me back at.
boamyemma@aol.com

Thanks

Posts: 156 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lonnie,

Would you please post the details in the 'Product Review' forum?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Yep...my curiosity is peaked. Post your experience

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
IF your intent was to cast aspersions on Answers reputation, you have suceeded.

NOW

What do you feel like they have done?

Ear splitting muzzle break . . . Aren't they all???

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

installs ear splitting muzzle brakes

The nerve!

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well guys this is going to be a long one so hold on to your seats. First let me say I have NEVER written such a review on anyone I have delt with good or bad. But I also have not had the kind of experience that I just had with Answer Products.

I recently brought a Ruger rifle in 35 Whelen,(special addition), to Answer Products to be restocked, and bedded in a new Boyds stock. The gun purchased a few years ago was in the box new, bolt never cycled and the stock 1 week old. I had used Answer Productd before and never had any major problems. So despite being warned that their good gunsmiths had all jumped ship and quality work had gone with them, I took Answer Products the gun without worry. Approximately
3 weeks later I had received a phone call that the gun was ready and thus made arrangements to pick it up the following Saturday morning. When I arrived, the gun was ready in the rack with an outgoing sticker attached to the stock. Upon inspecting the rifle before leaving the shop, I had noticed that it had taken on many new characteristics. The stock, brand new remember, was gouged and scratched in multiple areas around. The work on the barrel channel looked as if it was done by a blind man with a very dull plow. Bedding material, on a supposed to have been free floated barrel, was evident in uneven globs outside the barrel channel itself. As for the gun, well that's even better. Remember, this was a brand new, in the box, never cycled rifle. The magazine plate, trigger guard and trigger plate was found to be marred, dented and scratched. The gun was coated in different spots, with remnants of bedding compound and/or wax. The magazine latch plate was completely jammed into the stock and could not be opened at all. And finally, the magazine follower was dented and gouged, not scratched, but gouged as if struck repeatedly with a screwdriver or sharp tool. To say I was upset was an understatement. The man working in the shop on this day, contacted the gunsmith at home via phone. His responses ranged from "I don't know what gun you are talking about", "The gun must have come in that way", "Everybody makes mistakes and that's just the way it is" to "Leave it there and I'll check it on Monday to see what I can do" brought me closer to a heart attack or stroke than I have ever been in my life. I then contacted the owner, Sam Johnson, via phone. He reluctantly agreed to come down to the shop and look at the rifle. His greeting upon meeting me an hour and a half later, was "Let's take a look at the little scratch on the stock". For me this was about the last straw. Every scratch, ding, dent in the rifle and stock was pointed out very expressively. His response was multiple and varied. It included "I don't know what you are so upset about", "We've done work for you before and it was ok", "My gunsmith must have had a bad week" and finally "You probably wouldn't want to make my gunsmith mad or he might eat your head" (Now if you have ever met me and/or knew my professional and recreational background, that last statement would strike you down right funny and might even cause you to giggle).

My final response to Mr. Johnson was that our business dealings were done now and forever and that I would like a refund on the work done because dealing with him and his company was much more of a hinderence than it was worth. I would eat the additional cost to have a reputable gunsmith repair the rifle and put it in a new Boyd stock. Believe you me, I'd much rather take the SOB to court, but in the long run, I'd gain more expense and still would not have the rifle in my hands. His reply was that no refund would be offered and that the best that he could do would be to ship it out to a second gunsmith that used to work for the company to see what could be done noting that the rifle should be ready in 4-6 weeks. I reluctantly agreed to this arrangement and pointedly informed Mr. Johnson that no matter how the rifle turned out from this point forward, because of the way it was handled, we would not be doing business from this point on. So now I wait for the rifle to be returned. The condition the rifle will be returned in is anybody's guess. The reason the rifle was worked on in the way it was and then tagged to be released from the shop, is a question I will never be able to answer. Whether you use Answer Products and their services, is still up to every sportsman who reads this post. But at least I can say that I provided a warning to other sportsmen out there so that he/she doesn't find themselves in the same distastful situation.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That is awful. I am sorry for your trouble.

I have the Answer system on two rifles and they are super.

I have heard that new personnel have been less than professional. Your experience obviously bears that out.

Sam had better get quality control under control or he will be out of business soon.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote