Find
Notify
Tools

Nephews 1st buck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PythonWill
posted
Last year he didnt get a shot at one so this year we tried a little harder and it payed off for him. I had a savage 110 in .270 fixed up for him this year. New barrel & muzzle brake, action trued, new stock & bedded, bolt jeweled, and he bought a new scope himself. 4.5x14x40 weaver grand slam. This was his first kill with it and he did a very good job. one shot at only about 35 yrds high in the shoulder did the trick. He is 14 yrs old and quite proud of himself. It was taken on Holloween morning in Western Oregons general buck season. nice forky blacktail. He stalked it and took the shot himself with no coaching from his Uncle at all. he even demanded on cleaning it himself so he could learn how. I was pretty proud to be part of it with him.

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at that young mans face. He is proud and those that made that happen are to be commended. Simply fantastic.

It is a great individual that will seek to place glory in the eyes of others.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Please tell your nephew, from me, congratulations and I hope he has many more hunts to come that are just as satisfying.

Great job!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine Hunt, clean 1-shot kill and a very nice looking rifle too.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PythonWill
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, he's one heck of a good kid. I have tried to save him from his "Anti hunting" mother and have done a pretty good job of it if I do say so myself. but he has since got tired of her not letting him hang antlers in the house and a ton of other things too. So he has moved out of state to live with his dad. So next year I may just apply for a nonresident tag for Washington state so I can continue to hunt with him. The kid cant stop now, he's just getting started. His dad does hunt but mainly is a bird hunter and not big game. So anyways, Im gonna see if we can go get some mulies next year.
Thanks again for the kind words, I will tell him what ya'all said

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,I know you are proud!Fine buck! thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fine buck for his frst kill. You are rightly proud of him. Keep up the good work, I hope you both have many happy years of good hunting together ahead of you. He will surely never forget his first buck, or the uncle that has mentored him so well.

the nut behind the butt

Posts: 135 | Location: Somerset | Registered: 15 November 2006Reply With Quote