New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartest Game Animal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizzly the smartest(best at avoiding detection)???? I definatelly don't agree with that one.

Mature Whitetail, Mountain Lion, and Wolf get my vote.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Steve H>
posted
I think the hardest most wary and smartest was the Peacock. Pigs and deer are also smart but that Peacock was a real bitch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever have a mature gobbler hang up at 80 yards and REFUSE to come in.And how many times have you seen that mature Whitetail buck in the same season.In my neck of the woods,if you don't kill a mature whitetail on the first try you won't see him again.
Bottom line:Mature gobbler with a mature whitetail a very close second.

Posts: 112 | Location: Salisbury Mills,NY,USA | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Any here hunted male woodgrouse (Tiur)?
They are smart fuckers. The smartest game I know about.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
A mature mountain loin gets my vote.
4 years ago I was trying to get my rifle down a lion I had seen in the area. Well after 3 days of hard hunting and seeing his tracks here and there(my guess in the #150's)I set up at the edge of a rocky treeline and started to glass accross a small valley, longest shot would have been about 450 yards. Anyway, wind in face, sun at my back and what I thought well camo-ed, I lock eyes with this lion. He is looking dead at me, from about 375-400yards out. All I could do was watch him, which lasted about 30 seconds. The hair on my neck was standin tall and I had goose bumps all over. After he turned away and tore into the trees. I had a few choice words with myself, uncovered and headed back to the truck. 2 places I found his tracks ontop of mine, the ones I made earlier in the day. I had always heard about them following your tracks, but until then never really thought about it to much. Since then I have tried to find that cat and have only had one glimpse, and a few more tracks. Damm smart animal.
Predetors, like us, think different. They are both Hunter and prey.

JAG

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "elusive blacktail" buck.

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote