THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    USFWS announces $900,000 in wolf livestock demonstration project grants

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USFWS announces $900,000 in wolf livestock demonstration project grants
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Press Release
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Announces $900,000 in Wolf Livestock Demonstration Project Grants
September 26, 2014

Contacts:
Christina Meister, 703-358-2284, christina_meister@fws.gov

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service today announced $900,000 in grants under the Wolf Livestock Demonstration Project Grant Program. Grants will be distributed to the states of Arizona, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

The grants assist livestock producers in undertaking proactive, non-lethal activities to reduce the risk of livestock loss from predation by wolves, and compensate producers for livestock losses caused by wolves. The program provides funding to states and tribes, with federal cost-share not to exceed 50 percent.

Proposals were evaluated considering the extent of depredation of livestock by wolves, program evaluation and record keeping, and commitment to reporting and coordination. Proposals were also evaluated based on the level of non-lethal, proactive techniques to reduce wolf-livestock interactions and the outreach and coordination levels. Funds will be expended equally between proactive and compensatory activities.

The Endangered Species Conservation-Wolf Livestock Loss Compensation and Prevention Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number is 15.666. Information collection associated with this program is in accordance with OMB information collection number: 1018-0154.

The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. We are both a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals, and commitment to public service. For more information on our work and the people who make it happen, visit www.fws.gov.

For more information on our work and the people who make it happen, visit http://www.fws.gov/. Connect with our Facebook page, follow our tweets, watch our YouTube Channel and download photos from our Flickr page.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9415 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bsflag Total absolute LIES. LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. The Federal Government has forced these wolves upon us with a "you'll learn to live with them or else" attitude. They promised to pay depradation claims. We now have the proof that was another LIE.
"The grants assist livestock producers in undertaking proactive, non-lethal activities to reduce the risk of livestock loss from predation by wolves, and compensate producers for livestock losses caused by wolves. The program provides funding to states and tribes, with federal cost-share not to exceed 50 percent."
Now they want us to chase them away with a fly swatter and only pay 50% of our losses. Maybe they will provide some assistance is manning the fly swatters, NOT.
I've been told they have already spent millions to introduce unwanted wolves here in New Mexico. Wonder how much good that $ would have done if USF&W had collaborated with local officials instead of the Wildearth Guardians and others of that ilk.
It makes my hair stand on end to know that my Federal Government does not promote local economic development/sustainment or sound economic utilization of public resources. Rather they seek to implement the agenda of radical environmental extremists who want to turn back 200+ years of knowledge and experience possessed by local residents.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 933 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My lab barks at wolves maybe they should give me a 10000 to chase off wolves.

Posts: 19437 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trust me, in short order you'll see a proposal floated to stop all hunting in areas with wolves. You'll see somebody, like the "usual suspects" claiming by ending sport hunting the wolves' natural prey is protected and therefore (thinking grandiosely on their part) much less incentive for wolves to raid domestic lifestock.

Does this just not "sound" like something they'll pull??

If the radical vegan groups want it, then this particular administration will want it too. That's now one of their constituencies, and therefore we might as well go ahead and regard them as one in the same.

The wolf thing has probably also been noticed by those who have "land reform" on their collectivist, communalist little minds as well...they'll figure it can be useful...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SSS

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I don`t understand is why State Fish,Wildlife and Game is enforcing Federal Law.In fact I am going to push for non enforcement by State Agencies.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote