New
Find
Notify
Tools

World record deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What ever happened to the Mitch rampola buck that was suppose to be the world record from michagan?Has the world record been broken in the last few years?Is the milo Hanson buck still number one?Other than the huge moose,has anyother animals been registered/submitted as a new world record?Why are wild boar not a record animal or javelina?Since they have seasons seems like they would be recorded?What is the non-typical world record whitetail?

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge, the Hanson buck is still the record. The B&C judges panel only meets (I think) once every three years. The world record non-typical is the Missouri Monarch, scoring over 333. No idea on the javelina and pig entries. One thought: are they considered big game?

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Best as I can remember, Hanson sued Rompola due the fact that the Rompala buck was killing Hansons big deer show deals. The PR about the Rompala buck was knocking down Hansons big price tag to show up and draw potential with the Rompala buck hanging out there.

Rompala signed an agreement not to have his buck scored as long as the Hanson buck was still number 1. So right now Rompola will not offically score his buck and Hanson still gets top dollar for the #1 buck at the deer shows.

Strange case.

BH

Posts: 17 | Location: VA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isnt that some chicken stuff?I quit buying magazines and keeping up with all that stuff a few years back when i was tired of all the ads and same stuff like nothing will kill a big whitetail except a 300win.mag and up crap stuff!I did think i heard a young kid maybe shot a monster buck last year that was sure to be knocking on the door,i think it was on the old forum.Game wardon confiscated it for being taken at night or some stuff?I know there was a couple really big non-typcial racks taken also.
yea in areas i hunt if you shoot a wild boar out of season on public/state land you go to jail and you better have a hunting licence the rest of the time.Why wouldnt a hog be big game,heck thats a really old sport and some hogs get really big,mean and wild!Nothing can compare to hog hunting,its a hunt really of its own catagory.BBQ taste good too!!!!If a turkey is big game, i would say some one was crazy to say a450#Russian hog was little game!Anyway the hog shot in mongollia and the hogzillia hog gets my vote for the biggest /meanest/Nastyiest hog i ever did see!!!

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info,great!!!!
I did think about something though,If the odds are so much mathmaticley against mitch,what are the odds for matching chuck adams record?Chuck has a lot of trophys registered?Couldnt mitch shoot just one that made the records all the way to the top?I think his deer is real,i always thought that and there is no proof that its a phony.He doesnt have to score his deer.Period!I think he signed the form because they pushed him in a corner and he does not want it scored,he already has it ,he doesnt have to prove nothing!I dont blame him either!He shouldnt have to sign anything that i see.If you dont want to believe him,Fine,Dont make no never mine any how!I do think they found a false deer from texas though!