Find
Notify
Tools

Where should I hunt this summer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
I am looking for a hunt this summer. The time frame will be end of May to mid June. Preferably close to California but not a must. Africa may be a possibility but am going to tanzania in Nov so would prefer not to go so far, and spend less money. Anybody have ideas on where to go?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Are any seasons open in the US or Mexico? What about South America?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bulldog

May/June could be a good time for a black bear hunt. I have a couple of ideas if you are interested.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12929 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Yes, would be interested to hear any ideas you have.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
What about a hog or exotic hunt? California has some good hogs (Kyler Hamman), as does Texas. There are some pretty decent free range exotics in Texas as well.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might checkout applying for a spring bear tag in washington

Posts: 129 | Location: Darrington Washington | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a nice area in Idaho where you can shoot two bears. It's wilderness with primative camps, you will ride in horseback. Good chance at colored bears as well. Five day hunt is $1950 plus license & tags.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Come down to New Zealand all game birds are in season May/June and deer are in hard antler.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1873 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bulldog,

I took my boys on a spring black bear hunt in Idaho last year. It was a great time. I highly recommend it.

The other thing I considered was hog hunting in Texas.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all good ideas, but...

I don't want to hunt over bait so that may disqualify the bear hunts. Anyone know of a stalking bear hunt with good success?

I don't really want to hunt exotics.

I was considering New Zealand but it is really far and would like to find something closer if possible.

Anyone else have ideas?

Is Argentina an option at that time?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about a Mt.Lion or a free ranging Audad?

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bulldog-good on you that you don't want a bruin shoot over bait.

And yes, it is very possible to hunt bruins on foot spot and stalk.

You will find way more people pushing hunt over bait. But, if you look around you will find a few areas where they will hunt them spot and stalk.

Personally, I am a big time bruin nut and where I live (Montana) baiting is not allowed. Even if it was I would not personally do it.

I hunt the bruins fairly hard and most years look at between 45-60 different ones. So, yeah it can be done with out the use of bait.

If Montana is not too far for you to go, then it would be a good idea to take a look around here.

I've guided a couple of hunts a year here over the last 15 years. The ranches I hunted are in the process of changing hands now so don't know as of yet if I will be guiding on them this spring or not. If I was for sure then I would say that we should talk.

The other areas for you to take a look at for bruins would be P.O.W. and Vancouver Island. Very good bruin populations and hunting via spot and stalk.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Good luck

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spring (and fall) Black Bear on Prince of Wales is very good. Many more Bears are taken on the Island by spot and stalk than by baiting.

I have April, early May and early June (out of Hyder on the mainland) openings.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about hunting Southern SE AK.