THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Any deals on hunts in Mexico this year?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any deals on hunts in Mexico this year?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With all the violence in Mexico now-a-days are the prices for hunts down there taking a hit? I know a lot of people won't hunt there, so I would assume the prices would be down. What kind of deals have people seen?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Storms,

Saw this on another web site:
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbfo...wthread.php?t=359857

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Give Wade Derby a shout. He set up 2 very good hunts for me in Sonora the past 2 years. There's talk of a group going down to an A+ Coues deer ranch this year. He can be reached at http://www.crosshairconsulting.com

Good Luck!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Mexico.
And the hunters may become the hunted!!

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Mexico every year for the past 4 yrs, never had a problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would check with Jay Scott if you are thinking about Coues Deer.
http://www.colburnandscottoutfitters.blogspot.com/
Jay Scott js43560@cox.net

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd rather hunt Iran or Pakistan. Smiler

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I chuckle when people are worried about safety then want to go with the cheapest guy. Not saying that's the case here but I have come across this a number of times

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, be very careful with "deals" in Mexico, or hunts in general! I've hunted there, guided there, done DIY hunts there, lots of things/people to beware of.

Last hunt I did there was a DIY, I shot a 121" gross typical coues the 1st morning. But I wouldn't do that now, simply because I would not cross the border with my own vehicle anymore. Good hunts can be had, just finding the right people to do it with, is most important.

Talk to Drummond, and heed his advice, would be my advice. I know he's guided 15 plus Mexico muleys over 200"! The good ones he has/does and the good ones I have too, are still priced accordingly, and for good reason.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can get the ATF to supply you with guns , they're experienced at that ! Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Maybe you can get the ATF to supply you with guns , they're experienced at that ! Roll Eyes

rotflmo

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote