New
Find
Notify
Tools

A taste of honey
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
At a recent rifle match a group of us were gathered to exchange information on various subjects when the talk turned to recreational vehicles. One guy had this story to tell:
It seems three guys had the opportunity to buy a school bus cheap and, figuring they could make it into a fine hunting RV, they went together and bought it. They went right to work on it and built in cupboards and bunks and a table. With the rising cost of gasoline they decided to convert it to run on propane and did so. The original plan was to remove the fuel tank but one of the guys had a great idea. There was no need for them to freeze their butts off when nature called, they could put a toilet right in the bus and use the old fuel tank as a holding tank. So they did.
The econo motorhome worked great. A wood stove kept it warm and everything worked great. They went for a 2 week trip in northern Alberta and lived in comfort while enjoying a good hunt. Well, they hadn't been to town for 2 weeks and had run out of beverages so on the way home from their hunt they decided to stop in at a hotel and down a few. They spent a bit more time than they had planned and it was pretty late when they headed back out to the bus. One of them, more observant than his pals, noticed a gas can sitting next to the bus. As they got closer they saw what was obviously a siphon hose hanging out of the filler tube. The gas cap was laying on the ground. So was somebody's stomach contents. Apparently the would be gas thief was expecting to taste a little gasoline but he wasn't expecting what he got!
"That reminds me," said one of the hunters," we have to remember to pump out that holding tank!"

Posts: 3783 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I had to post twice because they limit you to 8 graemlins!

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Very funny [Big Grin]

[ 06-29-2003, 11:19: Message edited by: todbartell ]

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that is poetic justice. I love it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that will teach them. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
You couldn't script it any better! Very excellent. [Big Grin]

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] Absolutely wonderful. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Thanks, this story made my day! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
OMG!! [Big Grin] Thanks Bill, youve just topped of the best monday Ive had in a long time. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I dont think thats a story that will get told much by the perpetrators/regurgitators. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] YECH~!!~

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] That's nasty, but very funny! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Stories liek this are why I always click on Leepers posts! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote